Saturday, February 2, 2013

Thursday, January 31, 2013 ********** …AND SO IT GOES ********** The aim of politics is power. The aim of literature is understanding reality. When the two meet, literature loses. And when literature loses, murder, war, and massacre become inevitable. * Writers are dreamers? Yes, but only in so far as they think they can survive in a fascist environment. * The attitude of the average dupe towards literature? “He is a writer? An Armenian writer? He must be a daydreamer. Let’s have some fun with him.” * Armenians are different from Turks? In their treatment of dissent they might as well be identical twins. * Dupes rate the lies of propaganda above the truths of literature. * One reason why our dividers are more popular than our dissidents is that the IQ of the average Armenian is a negative digit; which is why he is constantly reminded he is smart. * One of my most dedicated readers is a Second-Amendment gun nut and racist who thinks he fully qualifies as a commissar culture and based on that assumption he issues daily memoranda reminding me that unless I follow instructions I will never amount to anything. * When reason meets prejudice, reason is bound to lose. So what else is new? Mart bidi ch’ellank. # Friday, February 01, 2013 ********** AS I SEE IT ********** Some lies are so transparent that they might as well be confessions. * There are no more deep truths, only platitudes in fancy uniforms. * There are Armenians today who are pro-Assad. I have met some of them myself. What’s next?– being pro-Talaat? * To those who demand that I explain my explanations, I say: I have already done so in the past and I will again in the future. * Toynbee:“Comprehension sometimes consists in just a correct understanding of questions that are unanswerable." # Saturday, February 02, 2013 ********** ON OUR 1% ********** Why did Raffi say “we are sheep without a shepherd”? Why did Avedik Issahakian call our leaders “brainless”? And why did Zarian call them “useless”? Were all three wrong or dupes of enemy propaganda? * Baruir Massikian, a successful lawyer in Egypt in addition to being a brilliant writer: as he lay dying in hospital he was approached by a delegation community leaders who suggested he leave his considerable wealth (he was a bachelor) to an Armenian educational foundation. His reply:“I’d much rather leave it to a Cairo bordello.” Was he anti-Armenian or pro-Turkish?– two charges that are leveled against anyone who dares to refuse being a dupe. * Why do our academics prefer to write about the Middle Ages and the Genocide? And why is it that whenever someone tries to expose the corruption and incompetence of our 1% he is insulted by our superpatriots and experts on any given subject? * Please note that I am only asking questions. I am not making dogmatic assertions whose sole intent is to divide the community into members of the club and alienated degenerates. * I repeat myself and the 1% does not? * In the opinion page of my local morning paper a pundit begins his commentary with the following words: “We live, breathe and exist in an age of apocalyptic uncertainty.” If you were to ask one of our pro-establishment propagandists, my guess is he would say: “We never had it so good because we are in the best of hands.” #

No comments: