Saturday, December 7, 2013

DECEPTION (I) *************************** Everything that needs to be said has been said. The role of our propaganda today is to deceive us into thinking everything that needs to be done is being done when in fact nothing is being done. * DECEPTION (II) In our official version of the story the Genocide was inevitable. Which raises the question: if our leaders cannot foresee the inevitable, what are they good for besides raising funds? * OVERHEARD *********************** “Make friends when you don’t need them.” * “You have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince.” # TWO OBSERVATIONS ******************************** If a closed mind makes you happy, by all means, follow your bliss. Only be warned. A fool’s happiness is a house without foundations. * In the eyes of some I am a self-hating Armenian because I refuse to rely on the support of men who could be useful to me –bosses, bishops, benefactors, their hirelings, hangers on and dupes. They fail to see the obvious: if I am against these gentlemen it is out of self-respect, and I suggest self-respect and self-hatred are mutually exclusive concepts. # ON THE ORIGINS OF PATRIOTISM ********************************* If I had a choice between visiting Venice or Paris and the ugly little Greek slum where I was born and raised, I would choose the slum but I can’t because it’s no longer there – it was reduced to rubble by the Germans during World War II. * My doubts outnumber my certainties a thousand to one. I am one of those who feel guilty even when they say the right thing and do what must be done. * Judge an underdog by what he would do if he were a top dog. #

No comments: