Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday, September 22, 2012 **************************************** OBSERVATIONS *********************** After telling us the Bible is the word of God and “a house divided against itself cannot stand,” they divide a house that is already divided between believers and non-believers. * You say it’s impossible and I say doing what must be done creates its own energy and cunning. * Even as they blabber endlessly about Turks and massacres they tell me I am being negative. * Romney’s problem: a big mouth and a bigger foot. # Saturday, September 22, 2012 *************************************** ON POSTERITY & RELATED ATROCITIES ************************************ Posterity? I am not sure about posterity. You and I may well be our only posterity. * Depression? I have been depressed most of my life and I consider it an integral part of the human condition. Unlike most Americans I don’t think happiness or well-being to be a patriotic duty. I have never been near a shrink, nor taken a single pill. Only the occasional drink. * Homeland? I can’t imagine anyone not loving its mountains and rivers, lakes, valleys, and forests. Neither can I imagine anyone not hating the former KGB agents and commissars who are now in charge of it. Call it treason if you like. I call it rejection of all crypto-fascist propaganda. I call it refusal to be the dupe of thieving charlatans, and in that I am with the majority – namely all those who have voted with their feet and live abroad or they define homeland as anywhere on earth where they are allowed to work and provide for their families. # Saturday, September 22, 2012 *************************************** ON STUPIDITY ********************** Be aware of stupidity for it is the source of all evil. * The problem with hatred is that it tends to metastasize. Hatred of the enemy turns brother against brother. * More often than not our choice is not between good and evil but between the lesser of two evils. * Details are important especially the ones you miss or refuse to see. * “In the name of Allah the Compassionate, the Merciful, Owner of the Day of Judgment.” I quote from memory. I paraphrase. If wrong ascribe it to Alzheimer’s, not to blasphemy. * It is hatred of the infidel that turns Shia against Sunni and Assad against his ownpeople. * From the lyrics of a popular Armenian song: “An Armenian loves to eat (oudel) and he eats to hate (adel).” * He who is blinded by hatred believes he has 20/20 vision and God is on his side. * “I am not here to bring peace but a sword. If you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.” If you can’t guess who said that, I suggest you read the Scriptures. * And now let us pray! “Our Father Who art in Heaven…” #

No comments: