Saturday, February 25, 2012

smart?

Thursday, February 23, 2012
*******************************************
MEMO
TO OUR EXILED DISSIDENT “AGHBER”S.
*****************************************************
You have every right to oppose the regime in Yerevan that took away all your privileges and kicked you out of your beloved homeland, as I have every right to ask: “What exactly did you do in the Soviet era to earn your privileges?”
*
SPEECHIFIERS
*****************************
If he speaks in the name of God,
the chances are he is a practicing atheist.
If he speaks in the name of Country,
the chances are he is a traitor.
If he speaks in the name of law and order,
the chances are he is with the 1%.
Don’t get me wrong. I see nothing questionable
in God, Country, and law and order.
But I see something horribly wrong in big lies and small minds;
also in high ideals and low IQs.
#
Q/A
***********************
Speaking of our aghbers: If you want to know what I would have done in their place, I will say: Very probably what they did, but having done so I wouldn’t parade as a superpatriot, a role model, or a man of integrity. Instead I would spend the rest of my life coming to terms with the fact that I was no better than a piece of shit.
*
Friday, February 24, 2012
****************************************
FROM MY NOTEBOOKS
************************
When a reader disagrees with me, I rejoice in the knowledge that he took the trouble to read me and to understand what he read. For reading and understanding are rare virtues, especially for an Armenian who is convinced he already knows and understands everything.
*
In a corrupt environment, crooks are outnumbered only by their lawyers, victims, and dupes.
*
A regime that supports Syria will not hesitate to kill its own citizens after calling them terrorists.
*
The Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of the Devil are not two separate topographical entities with different boundaries, but one and the same.
*
Bias is universal. Resistance to bias is a slowly and painfully acquired habit.
#
Saturday, February 25, 2012
******************************************
ARE WE SMART?
******************************
We have been moronized into thinking we are. But we aren’t.
What chance did we have to develop our brain power under sultans and commissars whose “faithful servants” and “useful idiots” we were?
How smart are we if we support institutions that are in the business of dividing the community?
“Our political leaders have been of no political use to us,” Zarian said. I will go further and say, they have been at the root of all our problems.
We don’t need leaders. What we need are public servants.
Notwithstanding the propaganda line of our Turcocentric ghazetajis, Turks are not our main problem. We are.
Or rather, our subservience is. Once upon a time we were slaves. We are now slaves of former slaves.
I say and repeat: We are not smart; we have been moronized!
#

No comments: