Saturday, August 6, 2011

more...

Thursday, August 04, 2011
*****************************************
FROM MY NOTEBOOKS
********************************************
The Chinese said to their poor, “Get rich,”
and they got rich.
The Americans said to their rich, “Get richer,”
and they bankrupted the global economy.
*
You cannot travel on the wrong path
and hope to reach your destination.
*
I know my critics are wrong
when they say what I used to think thirty years ago.
As for critics who speak in the name of God and Country,
they are never right – or they are wrong 99% of the time.
*
Some of the most dangerous criminals
in the history of mankind were political leaders
who were thought of as infallible – or 99% right.
*
Bishops, imams, rabbis:
witch doctors with a college education.
#
Friday, August 05, 2011
*****************************************
FROM MY NOTEBOOKS
********************************************
Both Turks and Armenians share in common
an aversion to reality.
Turks believe all talk of genocide is fiction.
When repeatedly warned of the coming catastrophe,
Armenians reacted with disbelief.
“Zohrab effendi is exaggerating,”
was a typical reaction.
Even after the cold-blooded murder
of our ablest men in Soviet Armenia,
our “chic Bolsheviks” in the Diaspora
went on repeating the slogan
“Russians are our big brothers.”
Closer to home,
when I speak of our reality objectively today,
I am told to “Shut the f*** up!”
#
Saturday, August 06, 2011
*****************************************
CRITICS
********************************************
My critics are my best source of inspiration.
They are my bread and butter.
*
Once upon a time we were a progressive nation.
But we lost that under the Sultans and the Soviets.
*
To say all problems can be solved except ours
might as well be a suicide note.
*
Charlatans will prosper as long as there are dupes;
and honest men will be persecuted
as long as there are charlatans.
*
To be smart and to be a dupe
are mutually exclusive concept.
*
To divide and rule has been the foreign policy
of all imperial powers.
As long as we remain divided
we implement the foreign policy of our enemies.
*
Our dividers are as unaware of their genocidal intent
as Turkish denialists.
*
When I was young I sought the approval of my superiors
until I realized they were the scum of the earth.
*
I cannot change the past;
neither can I resurrect the dead.
No one can.
*
To expose present blunders
is to prevent future catastrophes.
That’s why I prefer to write about our reality today
as opposed to past deeds that cannot be undone.
*

No comments: