Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thursday, December 9, 2010
****************************
SELF-RELIANCE
************************************************
In our environment money is used to stifle dissent and to subsidize propaganda. Truth is out.
Lies are in.
Flattery, yes.
Objective assessment, no!
Even worse: money is used to divide the intellectual class.
Brown-nosers are in.
Critics, let them eat cak (sic)!
We now have a generation of opportunistic careerists and cowards who calculate every word they speak. Will a wrong word or a misplaced comma offend anyone who may be in a position to advance my career?
In the words of an academic: “My family comes first.”
*
In this morning's paper I read: “A clown, a priest, an academic, and a convicted pedophile were among 25 Canadians arrested...”
My first thought: they arrest theirs, we promote ours.
Hence my loathing of benefucktors.
*
Remember: the men at the top don't always know better.
Respecting your elders does not mean ignoring the dictates of your own brain and its ability to tell right from wrong.
*
Do we have a word for self-reliance?
I am not sure. If we do, we seldom or never use it.
*
I agree with the wise man who said that we should treat our enemies as if they were destined to be future friends.
The reason I ignore this piece of excellence advice is that
I have acquired too many enemies and I don't have much of a future left.
#
Friday, December 10, 2010
****************************
QUESTIONS I HAVE BEEN ASKED
************************************************
Why do you write?
I write because that's my way of thanking all those writers I have read, enjoyed, and learned from.
Why do you write more about Armenian blunders and less about Turkish criminal conduct?
I write less about Turks because I don't want to muscle in the territory of our Turcocentric ghazetajis who make a comfortable living by writing about nothing else.
Are you anti-Armenian?
I am against idiots who pretend to be smart regardless of nationality.
Are you pro-Turkish?
I prefer an honest Turk to a dishonest Armenian. If that makes me pro-Turkish I am more than willing to plead guilty as charged.
You write about our divisions as if that were a capital offense. But isn't it true that there are divisions everywhere, including America?
America is a big country with many small divisions. We are a small country with many big divisions all of which have an incomprehensible origin buried in the distant past.
Are you an atheist?
On that subject I have more questions than answers. Does that make me an atheist?
You are more critical of Armenians than Turks. Why?
Turks have critics of their own, including one who is a Nobel Prize winner.
You have said you have more enemies than friends. Does that bother you?
Of course it does. But I have come to terms with that reality and with the fact that when I die the celebrants will outnumber the mourners.
You have said on more than one occasion that we are not smart. Do you really mean that?
What I have said is that we have many smart Oriental carpet dealers but idiots for leaders.
Don't we have a rich culture?
What we have is a culture of intolerance. We have consistently rejected our ablest intellects. We have created an environment in which creativity and originality cannot survive let alone develop.
Don't you ever get tired of writing as you do?
I get more tired of listening to lies.
#
Saturday, December 11, 2010
****************************
FILTH
************************************************
On the subject of our commissars, I once had the following exchange with one of our vodanavorjis:
“What makes you think he is a man we can trust?” I wanted to know.
“I once heard him say that poets are engineers of the soul,” she replied.
“He didn't say that.”
“He said it to me.”
“I meant, Stalin said that. Our commissar was quoting him.”
And I remembered the following lines from Zarian's TRAVELLER AND HIS ROAD:
“They are spitting on Raffi. They are spitting on Aharonian. They are spitting on Derian. And that with the borrowed spittle of Muscovite masters. Even their filth is second hand. Even their trash has not been picked up from our own streets. Danger, danger, danger!”
#

No comments: